Exciting future with technological change taking over the automotive industry
Follow your passion and do something you love while completing your SACE
Apply now to earn as you learn a Nationally Recognised Trade part time
A World of Opportunity Awaits
If you love the idea of working with vehicles, solving problems, learning new skills and completing your SACE, then an Automotive School Based Apprenticeship is for you!
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider, delivering school based apprentices with the skills and industry access to best prepare them for an automotive career.
MTA school based apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
There’s an industry need for qualified automotive technicians which means more post apprenticeship opportunities than ever for young people wanting to get their start in the automotive industry. School students who would like to commence an automotive apprenticeship while still at school can apply for any automotive trade and if successful commence as a school based apprentice in their chosen vocation (e.g. Automotive Refinishing, Light Vehicle Technician etc.).
Successful applicants will commence formal training in their chosen nationally recognised qualification and attend training (off the job training) like any other full time apprentice (taking into account school and workplace commitments).
School Based Apprentices are able to -
- Continue to go to school and study for their SACE
- Count study and placements related to VET (Vocational Education and Training) toward their SACE
- Work towards a nationally recognised VET qualification through the MTA Registered Training Organisation (RTO), or an alternate RTO depending on vocation and student location
- Undertake part time paid work
- Continue their apprenticeship once they have left school full time
A traditional full time apprenticeship is four-years. Once a school based apprentice completes school and coverts to full time, time already served in the workplace and at the RTO will be taken off the total, allowing for earlier completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for vehicles and technology
- Enjoy STEM subjects at school
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and have a great personality
- Enrolled in SACE or equivalent
- Currently completing year 10 or above
- You have spoken with your school Career Advisor or Apprenticeship Officer
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for a School Based Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
Please Note - A School Based Apprenticeship may not be available at the time of application for your region. If this is the case we will keep your details on file and contact you as soon as a suitable placement has been found. If you are nearing completion of year 11 (and do not wish to complete your SACE) or 12 we strongly recommend applying for a full time apprenticeship in your chosen vocation with the MTA now.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au