Exciting future with technological change taking over the automotive industry
Follow your passion and gain entry into an industry you love
Apply now to earn as you learn a Nationally Recognised Trade
A World of Opportunity Awaits
If you love the idea of making vehicles look their best and learning new skills, then a Vehicle Detailing Traineeship is for you!
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider, delivering trainees with the skills and industry access to best prepare them for an automotive career.
MTA trainees are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and trainees and employ over 500 automotive apprentices and trainees across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
There’s an industry need for Vehicle Detailers which means more post apprenticeship opportunities than ever for young people wanting to get their start in the automotive industry.
Successful applicants will commence the AUR20919 Certificate II in Automotive Body Repair Technology qualification.
Duties Include -
- Cleaning vehicles within a dealership or crash repair workshop after service and repairs have been carried out
- Preparing new and used vehicles in a dealership or car yard prior to delivery to customer
- Touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
This is a twelve month traineeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
If you have a passion for making cars beautiful and want to a part of this exciting and innovative industry, a vehicle painting apprenticeship is for you!
You are someone who has excellent attention to detail, a willingness to learn and is self-motivated to perform!
You are reliable and committed to seeing this traineeship through from commencement to completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and have a great personality
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for a Vehicle Detailing Traineeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au