A future filled with opportunity awaits
If you enjoy the thought of working with, turbochargers,
brake systems, electronic engine and vehicle body management systems, a career as a Light Vehicle Mechanical Technician is for you!
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider.
MTA apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
This is an entry level position. Successful applicants receive, at no cost to them:
- Work wear, and
- Training towards an AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology qualification
This role would be suited to a person who:
- enjoys working with passenger and utility vehicles,
- enjoys finding solutions to technical problems, and
- gets excited by pulling things apart to learn how they work
You’ll service, repair and overhaul mechanical parts such as engines, transmissions and suspension systems.
This is a four-year apprenticeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable and committed to the completion of the apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
If you have experience in the automotive industry but not the qualifications, you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for a Light Vehicle Mechanical Technician Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au