A future filled with opportunity awaits
If you have a passion for heavy machinery and want to be a part of this exciting and innovative industry, a Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technician apprenticeship is for you.
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider.
MTA apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
This is an entry level position. Successful applicants receive, at no cost to them:
- Work wear, and
- Training towards an AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology qualification
This role would be suited to a person who:
- loves large and powerful engines,
- enjoys problem-solving, and
- gets excited by the thought of working on a range of impressive machinery
You’ll learn how to service, repair and overhaul the mechanical parts of large diesel earthmoving and agricultural equipment such as bulldozers, trucks, buses, graders and tractors.
This is a four-year apprenticeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with hand/power tools
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Friendly and have a great personality
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
- Completion of a Certificate I or II in Automotive
- Work Experience in the Automotive Industry
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
If you have experience in the automotive industry but not the qualifications, you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning.
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for a Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technician Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
Please Note - Heavy Commercial Vehicle Apprentice roles may not always be available at the time of application or during the initial training period prior to placement with a host employer. If this is the case the MTA may offer you an alternate heavy vehicle role such as Mobile Plant (e.g. earth moving equipment or cranes) or Agriculture (e.g. tractors and harvesters).
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au