A future filled with opportunity awaits
Appreciate the shine of a brand new car, working with your hands and making things look perfect? Or want to be a part of the industry that allows you to bring your creative flair to the job? Become an Automotive Refinishing Technician!
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider.
MTA apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
This is an entry level position. Successful applicants receive, at no cost to them:
- Work wear, and
- Training towards an AUR32416 Certificate III in Automotive Refinishing Technology qualification
This role would be suited to a person who:
- Gets excited working with paints
- Loves restoring vehicles back to their original lustre
- Has an artistic or eye for detail
Refinishing technicians prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply primer and finishing coats of paint.
This is a four-year apprenticeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable and committed to the completion of the apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
- Work Experience in the Automotive Industry
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
If you have experience in the automotive industry but not the qualifications, you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning.
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for an Automotive Refinishing Technician Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au