A future filled with opportunity awaits
There's more to an Automotive Body Repair Technician than meets the eye and with continuous innovation within the industry, it's an exciting time to join.
If you want to learn how to repair a cars structure and bodywork using the latest technology and repair techniques, become a Body Repair Technician!
About us ...
The Motor Trade Association of South Australia (MTA) is South Australia’s only dedicated automotive industry training provider.
MTA apprentices are trained by industry, for industry, this means you learn the skills that are needed in the modern workshop including practical hands on assessments.
We train over 900 apprentices and employ over 500 automotive apprentices across a range of automotive trades producing the qualified technicians of the future.
About the role …
This is an entry level position. Successful applicants receive, at no cost to them:
- Work wear, and
- Training towards an AUR32116 Certificate III in Automotive Body Repair Technology qualification
This role would be suited to a person who:
- loves welding and working with their hands
- wants to repair a cars structure and body work using the latest technology
You’ll learn how to rectify panel damage using the appropriate tools and techniques to repair steel or aluminium panels without using fillers and prepare a panel ready to accept paint primers and topcoats.
MTA Automotive Body Repair Apprentices are taught advanced welding techniques including identifying and correcting weld defects and graduate from the MTA with up to nine subjects towards their I-CAR accreditation (I-CAR is recognised by the automotive industry as the premier collision repair training provider in Australia).
This is a four-year apprenticeship, although a competency-based training approach allows for possible earlier completion.
To be successful in this role you need the following:
Essential skills & competencies:
- Passion for the Motor Industry
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable and committed to the completion of the apprenticeship
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to follow instructions, processes and procedures
- Completion of year 10 or higher
- Successful completion of MTA's pre-selection test which can be conducted at our Training and Employment Centre or Online
- Provisional Drivers Licence
- Work Experience in the Automotive Industry
The MTA is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO Code 2293).
If you're over 21 years old, please read MTA's Adult Apprenticeship Policy prior to completing an application.
If you have experience in the automotive industry but not the qualifications, you may be eligible to receive Recognition of Prior Learning.
Take the first step to a successful career in one of the most cutting edge industries today and apply now for an Automotive Body Repair Technician Apprenticeship!
We are not asking for a resume from you. Simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply Now button and we’ll be in touch.
No recruitment agencies please
For more information on Skills SA criteria click here or visit www.skills.sa.gov.au